|When:||Back to Calendar January 18, 2016 @ 8:45 pm - 10:30 pm|
|Repeats:||Weekly on Monday until March 21, 2016|
|Excluding:||February 8, 2016, March 14, 2016||Where:||Guildford Baptist Church, The Hub
Guildford,Surrey GU2 4AZ
|✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
|Categories:||Shaped by the Word|
Shaped By The Psalms
Reshaping our souls and the way we pray
Led by Murray Salisbury
After the frantic rush of Christmas, take some time out to…
● learn to live with more soul-rest, more trustingly – even in the midst of trouble or pressure!
● encounter God – by experiencing the Psalms together
● nurture our souls by ‘speaking to one another with Psalms…’ (Ephesians 5:19).
Here is a simple pattern for prayer – based on four kinds of Psalm:
1) “God, You are good!” Praying the Praise Psalms 18th January
2) “I need your help!” Praying the Petition Psalms 25th January
3) “Help them too!” Praying the Intercession Psalms 1st February
4) “Thank You!” Praying the Thanksgiving Psalms 15th February
Another four Psalm types help us to keep on relating to God with ever-increasing honesty, wisdom, submissive loyalty and dependent trust:
5) “O Lord, how long?” Praying the Complaint Psalms 22nd February
6) “Make us wiser!” Praying the Wisdom Psalms 29th February
7) “You are the King!” Praying the Royal Psalms 7th March
8) “Increase our faith!” Praying the Trust Psalms 21st March
Much of the learning will happen during the week as we take just ten minutes each day to pray out of the designated Psalm for that day – and as we share testimonies about how we got on.